Monday, September 10, 2007

Into a grey sky morning

The eerie hum of a giant slumbering city drifts through the crisp night air and the eternal urban glow plays across her face and makes her eyes shine and dance. She chatters away in that contemplative way she does, her voice melting into my head and soothing away the days annoyances and niggles. She always forgets her coat and shivers even though she’s snuggled into my coat and my neck. Her hair tickles my nose, makes me shiver. She thinks I’m cold and suggests we leave. I don’t mind, so long as I’m with her I’ll always feel at home. I ask for one last kiss in the cold glow of this giant slumbering city. She gently presses her lips to mine, smiles and snuggles into my neck once more. I caress her hair and kiss her forehead, “Happy Birthday Babydoll, I love you more than you could ever know.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home